- 4 cups strawberries, halved
- 2 Tablespoons arrowroot (or cornstarch or tapioca starch)
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 Tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tablespoon pure maple syrup
FOR THE CRUMBLE TOPPING
- 1 cup almond meal/flour (or all-purpose flour or oat flour)
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 Tablespoons coconut oil (melted) or avocado oil
- 2 Tablespoons pure maple syrup
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. In a mixing bowl, toss together the strawberries, arrowroot, vanilla extract, lemon juice, and maple syrup. Transfer to an 8” x 8” baking pan. Mix together the ingredients for the topping in a mixing bowl. Spread it over the strawberries as evenly as possible. Bake for 25-30 minutes, until the strawberries are juicy and bubbly, and the topping is golden-brown.
You could substitute other fruits for the strawberries, depending on what’s in season.