These vegan tacos have a kick, so if you’re not a fan of spicy foods, cut back on the cayenne or omit.
- 1 lb. mixed mushrooms (such as baby bella, chanterelle, oyster and/or crimini), coarsely chopped
- 2 Tbsp. avocado oil or extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. fresh lime juice
- 1 Tbsp. dried oregano
- 1 Tbsp. onion powder
- 2 tsp. garlic powder
- 2 tsp. ground cumin
- 2 tsp. organic cane sugar
- 1¼ tsp. kosher salt or 1 tsp. table salt
- ½ tsp. cayenne pepper or to taste
- Warm small corn tortillas, salsa, store-bought vegan sour cream (optional), sliced radishes, halved cherry tomatoes, chopped cilantro, and lime wedges (for serving)
Place a rack in middle of oven; preheat to 400°. Toss mushrooms in oil and lime juice. In a small bowl mix together oregano, onion powder, garlic powder, cumin, sugar, salt, and cayenne. Add seasoning mixture to mushrooms and toss until well coated. Spread mushrooms out in a single layer on a parchment-lined baking sheet or stoneware and roast until golden brown, 20–25 minutes.
Build tacos with tortillas, mushrooms, salsa, vegan sour cream (if using), radishes, tomatoes, and cilantro. Serve with lime wedges for squeezing over.