Chocolate Protein Bars
- 2 Cups (or 16oz. jar) Natural Peanut Butter
- 1 1/2 to 1 3/4 Cups Organic Honey
- 2 Cups Chocolate Vegan Protein Powder (I like Arbonne)
- 3 Cups Rice Krispies
In a microwave-safe bowl, combine peanut butter and honey. Heat for about 90 seconds until it stirs easily. Add protein powder and Rice Krispies and mix thoroughly (The mixture will be thick). Press into a 9 x 13 inch pan. Refrigerate for about 1 hour, or until solid enough to cut into bars. Store in refrigerator or freezer. These keep well for weeks in the freezer.
- Almond Butter in place of Peanut Butter
- Vanilla Protein in place of Chocolate Protein
- Oats (gluten-free) or puffed rice or cocoa rice krispies in place of Rice Krispies
- 100% Pure Maple Syrup in place of honey or use some of each
- When using Vanilla Protein, add a teaspoonful or so of cinnamon
Note: You can obviously be as creative as you like with these. Have fun experimenting, as the options are numerous as to what you could add or substitute. I like Arbonne protein because it tastes great, is easily digestible, is gluten and dairy free (if either of those are an issue for you), and contains no artificial sweeteners, colors, or sweeteners. For more information on, or to acquire Arbonne products, send me an email.