First of all, I pray that you and your loved ones are safe and well.
I also pray that you have whatever you need to get through today: patience, food, faith, energy, toilet paper, etc.
As we adapt to the curtailing of many activities, I feel loss on a number of levels. I’m sure you do as well.
Rest assured, you will continue to see my emails appear in your Inbox every Thursday morning. There are still a few things I can continue doing without putting anyone’s health in jeopardy.
For the most part, I feel like a fish out of water.
I miss my workouts. I miss my church. I miss my friends. I miss freedom. I miss hugs. Sorry folks, I don’t get the same energy from an elbow.
I miss my routine. How about you?
What are you really missing right now? What are you doing to get some sort of normalcy back into your life?
My ability to focus has been MIA for the last couple days. I think the lack of exercise is getting to me. Each day I tell myself I’m going to do something here at home. It’s yet to happen.
Today, here are some ways to feel more alive in spite of the global news:
- Help someone else in some way. Maybe send a note or card to a friend who comes to mind; see if a neighbor needs you to pick up groceries; order flowers to surprise someone special.
- Do a carry-out lunch or dinner to help keep your favorite eatery in business. Yes, you read that right! Desperate times require desperate measures. Besides, lots of restaurants have many healthy options. I did carry-out for my favorite salad the other day and it was AMAZING.
- Spend 10 minutes stretching and moving your body. Here’s a link to some yoga freebies for you to check out Free Yoga Videos Or, go take a walk and do some push-ups. I REALLY am going to do this TODAY!
- Get in the kitchen and cook.
- Read that book you’ve been saying you’re going to read… for the last decade. If you have a library card, you can download eBooks and audio books for free.
- Stop going to the kitchen and eating because you’re bored. Swimsuit weather is just around the corner and I don’t want to hear you whining because yours doesn’t fit anymore.
- Drag out Monopoly, Scrabble, Yahtzee, or another family favorite, and bond with your family.
We must get creative with our new normal.
Because we all need community and support, I’m going to try something for fun and see what happens. I’m going to do a FREE GROUP COACHING SESSION ON ZOOM, this Saturday at 11:00 AM central. It will last approximately 35 minutes.
The topic will be: “Confronting Challenges in Creating the New Normal”
Zoom is a video-conferencing platform where we are together virtually. On your computer, click on the Join Zoom Meeting link Saturday at 11:00, and we’ll hang out with a bunch of our friends.
Here’s the invitation:
Topic: Carol’s Group Coaching
Time: Mar 21, 2020 11:00 AM Central Time (US and Canada)
Join Zoom Meeting: https://us04web.zoom.us/j/2428454676
I hope you can join me for this FREE online event. Let me know what you’re struggling with prior to our session, and I’ll address it on Saturday. Be sure to put it in your calendar so you don’t miss it. See you then!
“Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can.”–Arthur Ashe