Italian Sausage and Gnocchi Soup
December 7, 2022
Makes about 6 servings
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil or avocado oil
- 1 pound bulk Italian sausage (or other ground meat)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 generous handfuls of fresh green beans, cut in 1-inch pieces
- 4 cups beef bone broth (or beef stock)
- 1 can (14 ½ oz.) diced tomatoes with juice
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- Small package of your favorite gnocchi (I used potato gnocchi)
- Salt and pepper to taste
Heat oil in a large saucepan or soup pot over medium heat. Cook sausage, onion and pepper until sausage is no longer pink and vegetables are tender, breaking sausage into crumbles; drain if there’s excess grease. Add green beans, broth, tomatoes, basil and parsley; bring to a boil. Cook, covered, until beans are tender, about 10-12 minutes. Stir in gnocchi and return to a boil. When gnocchi are cooked, soup’s on.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.