The Best Dark Fudgy Brownies
(That happen to be gluten and dairy-free)
- 2/3 cup cacao powder or Dutch-process cocoa
- 1 ½ cups granulated sugar
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon aluminum-free baking powder
- 1 cup gluten-free flour (I like Namaste or King Arthur brands)
- ½ cup dairy-free dark chocolate chips (optional)
- 3 large eggs
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons water
Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly oil/grease an 8” or 9” square pan. Whisk together cocoa, sugar, salt, baking powder, flour, and chips. Stir in eggs, oil, and water. Mix until well blended. Using a rubber scraper, scoop the mixture into pan, smoothing the top. Bake brownies for 45 minutes (for 8” pan) or 35 minutes (for 9” pan), until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out with just a few moist crumbs. Cool on a rack for about 1 hour before slicing.
If using a glass pan, reduce baking temperature to 325°F and bake 5-10 minutes less.