- 1 cup organic quinoa
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup peeled and diced cucumber
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup chopped fresh parsley
- ¼ cup crumbled feta or goat cheese
- ¼ cup kalamata or black olives, chopped
- 1 Tablespoonful chopped mint (optional)
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Juice of 1 fresh lemon
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
Prepare quinoa according to package instructions. Let cool. Combine quinoa, cucumbers, cherry tomatoes, parsley, cheese, olives, and mint in a large bowl. Whisk olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper together. Pour over quinoa mixture and toss to coat. Serve immediately or chill in refrigerator.
Serve as a side salad or add grilled chicken to make it a main dish for lunch. This is also tasty as a topper for tortilla chips. (I like Late July brand chips.)
There are scads of variations for quinoa salad. Experiment to your heart’s content and have fun.